Several great things are happening here at UCMQG, and as we all look forward to plan what we can in 2018, I thought I'd give a list of moving parts in our group.
- January's meeting date HAS BEEN MOVED TO the 27th and will be a Sew Day. After any Show and Tell you are free to stay and sew anything you'd like to work on, including and especially a row quilt, if you've got one in mind.
- Valentine Fabric Swap bundles will be passed out by Anna in January's meeting.
- February's Trunk Show will be by Erika - Pink Suede Shoes @hello.erikabea
- Tula Pink house blocks are due at February's meeting. Click here to remind yourself of those guidelines.
- April is when your What Does Quilting Mean to Me challenge project is due. Click here to reread that topic.
- Pillowcases for charity will be accepted at any meeting through June.
- And finally, just a plug for remembering our overall theme in our group moving forward: Get Out of Your Box. We hope that one of the reasons you keep coming to UCMQG is that you want to try new things, be inspired, and keep pushing yourself in whatever small ways feel comfortable to you right now. So often I feel we are pushed and pulled in directions not of our choosing, and I hope patchwork creativity is one place that feels safe to explore and develop in, and that by so doing, other areas of your world will benefit.
Here's to 2018, everyone. May the fabric be cut straight, the sales be advantageous, the friendships deepened, and the time in front of a machine be rejuvenating.